Green Chile Turkey Burgers
You know what I’ve been loving lately? That everyday somehow feels like summer break, even when you have work and all other sorts of busyness. This week has been the “get things done and get your life back in order” type. The kind of week that usually follows vacation.
Even though I’ve been working (*cupcake heaven*) and cleaning and running errands with the hubby, our days still tend to feel like they’re sprinkled with summer. For instance:
Fresh fruit and salads and ice cream and smoothies always sound perfectly satisfying.
Most days feel a little lazy, like they’re begging for a hammock and a good book.
Sonic cherry limeaids taste 1,000 times better.
The weather is perfect for laying out by the pool every day. (Although this hasn’t happened recently… maybe tomorrow.)
I figured, since a recipe post was long overdue, that you just might be looking for a summertime meal? Oh, how I wish we had a grill, because it would push these burgers over the limit!
In our house, when you have ground turkey, you make turkey burgers. It’s really a no-brainer.
We love them.
This dinner table installment comes from one of my favorite food blogs. Jessica is hilarious. And she posts a new mouthwatering creation almost daily. Her posts make me want to devour my computer screen…. or at least reach through it and snatch a plate-full.
Please just take a gander, especially of her dessert recipes. I would post some pictures here of a few things I’m dying to try, but they’d put my photos to shame. Her recipes range from semi-ridiculous to absolutely blow-your-mind-insane on the deliciousness scale.
And she’ll make you giggle. Win win.
Green Chile Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies, divided
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hawaiian bread buns, plus butter for toasting
- Heat your grill or nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, salt, pepper, onion powder, cumin, garlic, and ½ of a can of green chiles (~2oz).
- Mix only until just combined.
- Divide and form into four patties.
- Make a small well in the center of each patty so they don’t puff up on the grill.
- Grill each side, until seared and cooked through.
- After you flip your burgers, add cheese on top to melt.
- While the burgers are cooking, spread tops and bottoms of buns with a little butter.
- Place in your oven on broil setting, or place on grill until toasty.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining green chiles, honey, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, top each burger with a scoop of green chile sauce, place on buns, and serve.